Michael Phelps Ends Career with 18 Golds

American Swimmer, Michael Phelps ends his career with 18 golds.


4 coming from London, 8 from Beijing, and 6 from Athens. All in all, Phelps has 18 golds, 2 silvers, and 2 bronze.

Now, he will retire from the sport and will continue with the things he wanted to do like travelling and helping people to be in active lifestyle.
I want to travel a bunch. That's something I've always wanted to do. I've been able to see so many amazing places in the world but I've really never got to experience them. I've seen the pool and hotels, every year over the last 12 years of being in the national team. I'd like to experience some things, whether it's travelling through Europe or going back to Australia and being able to go around Australia or South Africa – something Chad [le Clos] and I were talking about.
There's a lot of things I want to do for myself just to be able to relax and even though I am retiring and the competitive side of my career is over, there's a lot of things I want to do around the sport. I would like to take it to a higher level than it is right now and continue to grow the sport more and more. 
I'm going to be able to put more time and effort into that and also my summer schools. Being able to teach children how to swim and live healthily is something that's very important to me.
To be able to sit here and say I've done everything I wanted to do in my swimming career is something that's pretty special. That's the only thing I wanted to say when I retired. I wouldn't change anything. I didn't miss anything. I've had the opportunity to do something nobody else has ever done before so I'm very happy with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment