Amputee Sets History in London Olympics

Oscar Pistorious, a double amputee from South Africa makes it as the first man with no legs to qualify for the semi-finals.


He is also due to run in the 4x4oom relay at the games.

In an interview, Pistorious said that it was mixed emotion and an amazing experience. He said: "I didn't know whether to cry. I had a mixture of emotions. It was the most amazing experience, the crowd was amazing. I saw the South African flag. 

I've got to thank my team, they trust me, I trust them. We've been together for nine years."

Known, as "Blade Runner", Oscar's both legs were removed when he was one, due to congenital condition. hen he was 11, that's the time, he got into sports. He played rugby, water polo and even tennis.

In 2004, he was hailed as the fastest  man with no legs, and now wearing  Cheetah Flex-Foot carbon fibre transtibial artificial limbs, Oscar might conquer the world of Olympics.


0 comments:

Post a Comment