Athlete Kicked from Olympic Games for Racist Comments

Athlete Voula Papachristou, a triple jumper, was now out of the Greek Olympic lineup after tweeting racist comments over Africans in her country.



Through her Twitter account, @papaxristoutj, this 23-year-old athlete posted derogatory remarks against Africans.She said:"With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!"

She was the slashed by many users, but remains mum. She then apologized after some issue regarding her Olympic status. She said: "I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account," she added "I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights."

But, it was too late, the Greek Olympic committee already decided and she will not fly to the London for the Olympic Games.

Her coach, Giorgos Pomaski said that he respected the decision, but found it very heavy for a joke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment